Thursday 15 October 2015

Nothing But Thieves Debut Album Is Only Hours Away

  Its been a long year since I first heard Nothing But Thieves. Purely by chance I stumbled across them. I liked them. They seemed anthemic but with an acoustic quality. Ready for huge world tours yet no one had really heard of them. 



I've seen this band twice, purely by accident. The first time I saw them was last year when they supported Twin Atlantic in the Barrowlands which cemented my belief in this band. They were extraordinary. Then in June this year, supporting Young Guns, Nothing But Thieves played in the Glasgow Garage. Their set, once more, was incredible and when it ended, people started talking. They started talking, not just tiny personal conversations, but about how they 'want to see those guys live again.' Telling each other 'that was the best support act they've seen in a long, long time.' I've never saw a crowd seem so sad when a support set is over, it was incredible.

From supporting Young Guns in June to nearly selling out their whole headline UK tour, this band have a huge next six months. Easily they could be headlining next years festivals.





Their single 'Trip Switch' made it into FIFA 16 when this time last year they were working so hard just to get heard. It has seemed an incredible year for this band and it seems its not quiet over yet.

Tomorrow, the 16th of October, Nothing But Thieves self-titled debut album is released.

It's still available to pre-order on itunes, Amazon and their official site. Even though I've heard only a few songs off it I know for sure it will be definitely worth a listen.


Nothing But Thieves Debut Self titled album ;

 

This album, 'Nothing But Thieves', will be the album of the year for so many people.


I accidentally found this band. I've accidentally seen them twice. I've never been so glad of my accidents. 


Nothing But Thieves are one of 2015's most promising bands, and next year this band will take off.