Sunday 13 November 2016

Soundcloud Sunday : Bitter's Kiss

I've found my way back onto the Soundcloud and straight onto Bitter's Kiss.


 
It's been a while since I've written on a Sunday about the tracks I find on Soundcloud. Admittedly I missed it and after ten months I've found my way back to my second home, Soundcloud.


This track is different from anything I have ever featured on this blog. My music was playing in the background and this track stuck me. Everything about it seemed so creative and different. The soft vocals, the lyrics with a message, the song itself was something I never expected and I loved it.

I like the track because its different. It is tackling something which divides the world yet the track itself is peaceful and emotive. Baker, front women for the New Jersey indie pop act, takes on the 'issue' of religion with this track and all of the responses are positive. It is time for change on so many levels, in so many countries across the globe and this track is part of that. It isn't causing war or creating a divide but finding something humanity shares and brings us closer. It reminds you we are more similar than we are different.

Baker says, "My God is my reaction to the irony in religious conflict. Religious beliefs are most often promoted as ways to make us better people, but can also be used to justify violence against others, with both sides believing that God is on their side. The idea for the video was to show sameness and humanity in our different religious expressions." 

 It's soft, it's emotive, it's delicate and the video is great to go along with it.




I always talk about supporting new artists and supporting things which are close to my heart, and Bitters Kiss' track These Bells Will Ring is doing both. Every 'download, stream and share on all major platforms will see all proceeds going to Shared Hope International and other organizations to help rescue young women and girls from human trafficking.'

As always, I've linked all the bands social media links below.

I'm really looking forward to see what is next for Bitter's Kiss. It's time for 'different' music to emerge and Bitter's Kiss are one of the brave bands leading the way forward.

Bitters Kiss consists of Chloe Baker on vocals, guitar and piano with Michael Baker on guitar, piano, bass and drum.