Sunday 27 September 2015

Sunday Soundcloud ft. Ducking Punches, Clean Cut Kid and Lion Bark

Soundcloud is always full of surprises. Sometimes you find not alot that you like and sometimes you find a list of bands you just have to see live, even though you've literally only heard the first few seconds of their song. For me, its been the latter of the two. A pretty good week on Soundcloud.



Firstly I came across 'Ducking Punches' who I knew I had heard before. They played at Reading and Leeds festival just less than a month ago on the BBC Introducing Stage and this year supported Frank Turner on tour which looked to be his best tour to date.

They're from Norwich and have a sound pretty similar to Frank Turners, which is no surprise I'm sure. From the minuet I heard this band I instantly fell in love with them. They could easily be selling out their own headline tours and headlining festivals in a matter of a few years.

Their definitely a band to watch. 



My next favourite was even more surprising. With a similarity to CHVCHES and Little Comets, Clean Cut Kid blew me away. There are no words to describe their track 'Vitamin C', so all I can say it listen to it and you'll understand.




This last track I came across a few months ago but I guess I forgot about it until now. My god I love it. The band sound like a mix of Kodaline and Mumford and Sons, but its a sound all of their own.

I genuinely hope this band become huge as they sound beautiful and just make everything slightly better every time I hear them.





I love finding new music and I genuinely believe some of it is better than alot of mainstream music. Opportunities such as BBC Introducing not only allow bands to get radio play, they allow potential fans to hear them. Letting people hear music they might possibly like is hugely important I think because so many radio stations play the same songs on repeat for months on end, and its a very difficult thing to get into when your a small band just starting out. How are littlle bands going to get big if no one is giving them attention ?