Friday 19 August 2016

The Return Of You Me At Six

I have not written about this band in a long time. Mainly because they disappeared last July after the tweet, 'We'll Be Back'.

 

You Me At Six Night People Logo

And true to their word, their back.



Distinctively, I remember watching (from home) You Me At Six play on the Main Stage at Reading Festival in 2012, off the back of their 2011 album 'Sinners Never Sleep'. Two years later they returned to the stage with their number one album, 'Cavalier Youth'. Its 2016, two years on with the tease of a new album. Is it time for Reading again ?

I hope so.

Yesterday the band announced '#NIGHTPEOPLE is Annie Mac's Hottest Record in the World on Monday 22nd on BBC Radio One'.


To say I was excited is an understatement. As if part of me which fell dormant last summer had come back to life with the sightless tremor in the You Me At Six universe.

This morning, my world slightly fell apart. You Me At Six announced a UK and Ireland tour with the incredible VANT as support.

My only problem, my city is missing. Glasgow, alike Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham and so many more have been missed completely. I understand this is a small tour but to have one Scotland date for a population of over 5.4 million is a bit harsh. I'm praying for an arena tour early next year with the release of the forth coming album but I'm not sure as to hold my breath.

If you are lucky enough to get tickets to this tour, do so. It will be great. You Me At Six, for me, have never failed to put on a good show. With VANT as support I can see this tour selling out pretty quickly.


You Me At Six Night People 2016 UK Tour Poster


Make sure to tune in to Radio One at 7pm (BST) to hear Annie Mac's Hottest Record In The World courtesy of You Me At Six.

The boys are back.