Saturday 13 August 2016

Summer Playlist



Shybutlovesmusic logo on beach background - Summer Playlist Edit
Photo : Samantha Karys for Shybutlovesmusic

To be honest I have no idea where half of this year has went. It has been a huge year for music with so many new releases and debut albums. After the somewhat success of my first summer/holiday playlist I decided it was time for another.



To me this playlist seems more celebratory, encompassing a lot of music from different albums and artists. From prom to parties,leaving high school, getting my results and being accepted for uni, quiet a few of these songs have appeared more than once and some of them are still huge, huge tracks.

Inspired by the huge festival season, the masses of independent music growing on social media and a few of my absolute favourites right now, this is my summer playlist.


Bastille - Good Grief
Siracuse - Become Lights
Viola Beach - Drunk
Catfish And The Bottlemen - Oxygen
Rat Boy - Sign On
Hide & Seek - Saturday Night
Viola Beach - Boys That Sing
JAWS - Gold
Broken Hands - Meteor
The Sherlocks - Escapade
Pretty Vicious - Down My Way
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - In The Heat Of The Moment
Foals - My Number
The Hoosiers - Good By Mr A
The Strokes - Someday
Mystery Jets - Two Doors Down
Blossoms - Charlamange
The Vaccines - If You Wanna
Eliza And The Bear - Friends
Nothing But Thieves - If I Get High
Twin Atlantic - No Sleep
Palma Violets - Best of Friends
Vampire Weekend - A Punk
Catfish And The Bottlemen - Soundcheck
Wolf Alice - Bros
Foals - What Went Down
Mystery Jets - The World Is Overtaking Me
The Killers - Mr Brightside