Saturday 9 April 2016

It's Time To Get Excited : Glastonbury

The line up for Glastonbury was announced just over a week ago and it is incredible, featuring the likes of The 1975, Muse, Jack Garratt, Jake Bugg and Hinds. Of course out of the line up I have my absolute favourites.

 

 Below are a few of my favourite acts who you can catch live this year at Glastonbury and why they are worth seeing live.





Foals

I saw Foals a few months back and they were incredible. Their songs come to life live and the impact they have on people is something to see. Singles like 'Mountain At My Gates' and 'My Number' live will restore your faith in live music for good.

 



The 1975

Don't let the hype put you off this band. They are worth it. In 2013, their debut album was released, and they were the band they are today at that time. I saw them live and really liked them. They had something special. They acted unapologetic but were almost fragile. Now they have two number one albums, worldwide tours selling out and use a lot more pink in everything they do. Their second album this year, followed by their huge UK is partly built up by hype and built on this bands talent. They are a huge band who are worth seeing live at least once.




Hinds

One of my favourite debut albums this year is from Hinds. I adore them and their laidback-indie-lo-fi sound. To me, they're perfect in an imperfect way. Their debut album 'Leave Me Alone' is really special. Like a home-made demo tape, the sound has imperfections which creates the bands unique sound. They are on my list of bands to see live because I just adore them. A full female indie band from Spain, who with the right backing could rival some of the biggest bands out there. I've saw so many videos of Hinds live and it always looks utterly incredible. It's everything you'd expect it to be and more. If you get the chance, catch them at Glastonbury and make me really jealous.





Blossoms

I think this will be a huge year for Blossoms, not only at Glastonbury but everywhere. I heard them a few years ago and really liked their music at the time, 'Blow' and 'You Pulled A Gun On Me'. With the success of 'At Most A Kiss' earlier this year and being featured in BBC Sound of 2016, it's no surprise they are playing at most of this years biggest festivals such as T In The Park, Reading and Leeds, Y Not, Kendall Calling and of course Glastonbury. With their debut album due out later this year, they are definitely a band who will be dominating the festival season this year, and for years to come as they work their way up to becoming a headline act.





This of course is only a few of the musicians I would love to see live this year at Glastonbury. 

For those of you who can't make it to the festival itself, you won't miss out. I've never been to Glastonbury but every year I watch avidly from my own home, and I almost feel like I'm there.

The BBC cover Glastonbury and so there will be a lot of coverage online, social media, radio, TV and on demand like always. Even when we move into July, we can all re-watch our favourites at the comfort of our own homes minus the mud.