Monday 25 May 2015

The Vaccines Return With English Graffiti And No Answer

In 2011 we were faced with an unanswerable question, 'What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?' Even with a further two releases, no one can answer the question posed to us four years ago.

The Vaccines newest album 'English Graffiti' provide us with 'No Hope.'

 


[For those who haven't heard of the Vaccines, 'No Hope' was a single off the bands second album 'Come Of Age'.]
 
What Did You Expect From The Vaccines ? What did we expect from The Vaccines ?

In August 2010 the band uploaded 'If You Wanna', which Zane Lowe named his 'Hottest Record in the world.' The single wasn’t released until 2011 with the bands debut album, however the single did make a long- lasting, first impression. The bands deubt album 'What Did You Expect From The Vaccines ?'

The band seemed to be revivalists. Bringing the lost sound indie-rock sound back into the mainstream. They were a band people could believe in.

In 2011 the band supported the Arctic Monkeys, made their first network TV debut on the the Late Show with David Letterman and played over 40 festivals including Reading and Leeds.

After their busy 2011, the band released their second album 'Come Of Age' in 2012. The album reached number one in the UK, going gold. 

 For me the album is timeless. I just adore it. Its one of those albums I pre-ordered so I would definatley get it on the day of its release, just so I could have it and listen to it for as long as possible. I just love it so much and I honestly don't know why I love it so much. I think its an incredible album and I love indie-rock music so maybe its to do with that ?

The title 'Come Of Age' comes from a line in their single 'No Hope',

" There's no hope,
and it's time to come of age.
I think it's a problem,
Does it ever go away? "



In 2014 the Vaccines promised their third album and in January this year Zane Lowe premiered 'Handsome' the lead single of their new album 'English Graffiti'.

This album is different from their other releases I think. It sounds different compared to the other releases. For me, Come Of Age is timeless. Its songs don't sound old or out of place years after their release. This album has a slightly different sound. It seems more confident and more experimental. It has elements the previous albums don't have. Come Of Age and What Did You Expect..'

However I still love the album, and all the other previous releases. I'm just in love with their music, their sound and just who they are really.

For this album The Vaccines are heading off on a huge UK tour in Novemeber with the incredible Palma Violets. (There's no Scottish or Irish dates which is a bit annoying.)


If your lucky enough to get tickets, I'm jealous of you. 

Also all this week the band are live in selected HMV's and Banquet Record Stores, signing and playing songs off their new album.

English Graffiti the third incredible album by The Vaccines is out now.