Friday 22 July 2016

Skateparks and Sunshine - Summer 2016 Playlists

Even when leaving, 'the Golden Coast' taunted me with its abundance of skateparks and sunshine and in a time zone eight hours behind my home, I decided that would be the final name for my collective playlist. 

 

Shybutlovesmusic Sunshine and Skateparks playlist edit with Santa Cruz in background

Earlier this month I flew 11 hours to California for a 2,000 mile road trip down the Golden Coast. Picturesque as you imagine, it provided me with a reason to make a playlist. However the Golden State had me divided. One playlist wouldn't last me two weeks, so I made two.

With Vans shops on every second street corner, skate parks a plenty and Warped Tour kicking off in Texas,  my second playlist seemed at home.

Even though I'm home in the UK, I still adore both of them and had to stop myself from adding to them before this post. I'll break both of these down and explain why I picked certain tracks in another post, but for now here they are, 2 of my summer 2016 playlists.


Playlist 1 - What You'd Expect From Me

The Amazons - Stay With Me
Pretty Vicious - Down My Way
Catfish and the Bottlemen - Oxygen
Broken Hands - Meteor
The Strokes - Last Nite
Pretty Vicious - Cave Song
Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down
Rat Boy - Sign On
Declan McKenna - Paracetamol
Oasis - Digsy's Dinner
The Sherlocks - Last Night
Two Door Cinema Club - Next Year
The Starkins - Paper Cuts
Catfish and the Bottlemen - Sidewinder
Circa Waves - T Shirt Weather
Viola Beach - Swings and Waterslides
Pretty Vicious - National Plastics
Foals - What Went Down
The Bulletproof Bomb - Suitcase
The Hunna - Bonfire
The Wombats - Moving To New York
Vampire Weekend - Cousins
The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather
M83 - Midnight City
MGMT - Kids
Jack Garratt - Weathered
Neon Trees - Animal
Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know
Bastille - Pompeii
Hide + Seek - Cali


Playlist 2 - Warped Meets Cali

Creeper - Honeymoon Suite
With Confidence - Higher
Neck Deep - Gold Steps
As It Is - Dial Tones
State Champs - Secrets
Pierce The Veil - Phantom Power and Ludicrous Speed
Blink 182 - Bored To Death
Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin Down
Sleeping With Sirens - If You Can't Hang
We Are The In Crowd - The Best Thing (That Never Happened)
Nothing But Thieves - If I Get High
With Confidence - London Lights
Issues - Never Loose Your Flames
We The Kings - Check Yes Juliet
This Wild Life - History
Against The Current - Outsiders
Creeper - Lie Awake
Real Friends - Empty Picture Frames
Can't Swim - Come Home
Lonely The Brave - Call Of Horses
Nothing But Thieves - Trip Switch
Young Guns - I Want Out