Saturday 2 January 2016

Soundcloud Sunday - Fox Chapel

Nearing the end of last year I came across Fox Chapel. Like something out of an indie summertime haze, I instantly found a band I adored.


 

They have a laid back but complex sound. A bit distorted and surreal, the only comparison I can make is a sound similar to Dundee boys Model Aeroplanes, which shows on tracks like 'AFTERNOON.'

The band have only five released tracks. Four are part of their EP Frames, released in 2015, which is definitely worth a listen.

At the moment the band have only one live date for the year so far which is the 23rd of January at The Cellar Door, Birmingham, alongside Juice and Oceania. I think this date will be great as it will allow people to maybe come across this band for the first time and possibly give this band more support and more opportunities to play further afield later in the year.


There's something I really like about this band. Judging by the music they have out, I think something big is to come. 

 
Fox Chapel Soundcloud 


 Fox Chapel Twitter


The bands physical CD EP Frames is available from Stalkers Studios.