Sunday 14 February 2016

Viola Beach: The Next Big Thing ?

Young, talented and ready to take on the world Viola Beach may just be the next 'big thing.' 


Championed by BBC Introducing, the Warrington band seem about to embark on a huge year, with already announced to play at SXSW, Kendal Calling, Sound City and The Great Escape.

Continuing on from their incredible set at Reading and Leeds last year the band have a growing following and may follow the success of indie bands like Circa Waves, Model Aeroplanes and Foals.

Their newest single 'Boys That Sing' is gorgeous. Its one of my songs of the summer and possibly this year.




They have a sound I cannot get enough of.

They're indie, young and perfect to be BBC Introducing's next big success. If I had the choice, I'd let them headline every festival possible this summer.

 

 

*As you may already know from my social media, this post was written two weeks ago as part of a series of posts which were looking at small bands who I thought were going to be big over the next few years. Specifically it was going to focus on artists not picked up by BBC Introducing. The first of these posts was the above post on Viola Beach. It was due to be released on the 1st of March but only feels right to post it now. As for the rest of the series, it at the moment feels wrong to carry on from this post as if nothing has happened. For now it is on hold whilst I still try to get my head around what has happened.